Sugar is a large substance. Monosaccharides are the basic unit of sugar. The dehydration between monosaccharides forms glycosidic bonds, which are further connected to form oligosaccharides and polysaccharides. Polysaccharides are macromolecular compounds widely found in the cell membranes or cell walls of animals, plants, and microorganisms.
Polysaccharides have a wide range of biological activities, which are inseparable from their immunomodulatory activity. Biological functions such as anti-tumor, anti-virus, and anti-aging are also achieved by regulating immune function. Polysaccharides are natural immunomodulators, which have immune regulation functions such as protecting the body's immune organs, activating immune cells, activating the complement system, and releasing cytokines. Therefore, the research on its immunoregulatory effects and mechanisms has gradually become a research hotspot. Among them, lentinan, Tremella polysaccharide, Poria polysaccharide, Cordyceps polysaccharide and bamboo shoot polysaccharide are examples.
1. Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides can regulate the immune function of the body and enhance the anti-infection ability by improving the activity of macrophages, dendritic cells and natural killer cells. The β-D glucan in Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharide has certain anti-tumor effects. Its anti-tumor mechanism may be immune-mediated. It activates and promotes immune cells (lymphocytes, macrophages, monocytes, dendritic cells neutrophils) proliferation and differentiation, increase the number of effector immune cells, etc. to play anti-tumor effects.
2. Lentinan is a T cell immune enhancer, and its anti-cancer activity needs the assistance of T cells. A β-(1, 3)-glucan of lentinan has the following effects on the body’s immune system: Promote the proliferation of helper T cells; Promote the proliferation of macrophages; By stimulating acute phase protein and cell colony stimulating factor (CSF) ) To enhance the body's non-immune defense mechanism, and promote the proliferation of macrophages, peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PMNC), lymphocytes, and enhance the complement system.
3. Poria polysaccharides protect immune organs and increase cellular immunity in a targeted manner, thereby improving the body's condition and enhancing the ability to resist infection. Poria polysaccharides can accelerate the recovery of hematopoietic function to a certain extent, and can improve the immune function of the elderly and strengthen the physical fitness.
4. Tremella polysaccharides and Tremella spore polysaccharides can comprehensively enhance the body's immunity, enhance the functions of the mononuclear macrophage system, and enhance the humoral and cellular immune functions.
5. Dictyophora polysaccharide can improve the phagocytic ability of macrophages, increase the number of T cells, increase the activity of natural killer cells, and promote the secretion of IL-1, IL-6, and TNF-a by macrophages.
6. Cordyceps polysaccharide can regulate the body's cellular and humoral immunity, promote the proliferation of lymphocytes, enhance the activity of dendritic cells and mononuclear macrophages, and regulate the level of immune factors in the body.
YT biochem supply a wide variety of plant extracts that contains polysaccharide, more information welcome to reach out.