The food ingredients of meal replacement have always become very popular, and everyone is looking for solutions that are delicious and not fat. Psyllium husk powder has always less estimated.
In 1998, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) stated that psyllium husk soluble fiber can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
In 2014 the FDA approved a restrictive health claim for psyllium husk: psyllium husk may reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes. In May 2016, the US FDA approved Psyllium husk to enter the list of dietary fibers.
In 2013, the Herbal Medicine Committee (HMPC) under the European Medicines Agency (EMA) announced that psyllium husk can be used to increase dietary fiber intake to improve habitual constipation in children or adults over 6 years old.
What is the function of psyllium husk?
· Promote normal intestinal emptying, so psyllium husk is made for weight loss group.
· Promote the growth of probiotics; When Entering the intestine, it can promote the growth of probiotics in the intestine and reduce the number of harmful bacteria.
· A natural "blood sugar stabilizer"; the psyllium husk powder is digested slowly in the gastrointestinal tract, which can slow down the absorption of carbohydrates in the small intestine, so that sugar is slowly released into the blood, which can reduce blood sugar shocks and prevent fat synthesis.
Application of psyllium husk powder:
· Solid beverage: Psyllium husk is rich in soluble dietary fiber and insoluble dietary fiber, and is mostly used in food and beverage, health food and pet food.
· Chocolate: increase dietary fiber just like inulin powder
· Baked food: When it encounters water, its volume can expand dozens of times to form a gel mass. Psyllium husks are added to many baked goods, such as biscuits, bread, and breakfast cereals, which can increase dietary fiber content or increase food bulk.
· Beverages: Psyllium can stimulate intestinal wall contraction and promote normal intestinal emptying. Fiber coagulates, slows digestion and absorption, and gives a feeling of satiety
· Pet food: Helps eliminate intestinal hairballs.
· Meat products: Psyllium husk powder is a potential substitute material for meat products. The dietary fiber it contains can not only increase the functionality of meat products, but also improve water retention and emulsification.